One of the best ways to maintain your health is by taking care of YOURSELF.
Its that simple. Even a little health modification can cause great benefits.
- Always make sure that you eat a healthy breakfast every morning. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Include fruits in your breakfast.
- A diet high in vegetables is associated with a reduced risk of many diseases. Include more live vegetables in your diet.
- Avoid foods that comes in a package. i.e, processed foods.
- Avoid extra sugar intake. Normally, fruits all contains sugar, so it is not necessary to take extra sugar.
- Choose foods over supplements.
- Take dry ginger coffee or natural remedies when you are sick.
- Exercise helps in improving eyesight, normalizing blood pressure, lowering cholesterol etc.
- You must exercise to live well and live longer.
- Go for a walk or gym or yoga class at least 4 days a week.
- We are so fortunate that there are foundations like The Art of Living and Isha Foundation which provide a lot of practices to improve overall being.
- Stop being lazy.
Drink required amount of water
- Drink at least 8 to 10 or more glasses of water daily, depending on the physical activity.
- Sufficient intake of water is very essential to flush out toxins from your body and to rejuvenate your cells.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Avoid caffeine too. At least reduce the number of cups intake.
Breathe the right way
- We should breathe from our diaphragm instead of breathing from chest. This change of breathing pattern will help to maximize the oxygen intake and will also ensure that you stay calm.
- Change your breathing style to improve the way your body functions and blood circulation. As I mentioned above, there are foundations that will provide you different practices to improve your breathing pattern and body postures.
- Avoid smoking as it affects you and other living beings around you.
Get a good night Sleep
- Maintain a proper schedule and sleeping pattern.
- Never eat a heavy meal late at night before bed.
- Try to eat before 3 to 4 hours before bed.
- Sleeping on your back is good, avoid big pillows.
- 8 hours of sleep might be required based on your physical activity.
- Meditation will help in reducing your sleep quota as well as maintaining your health.
Last but not least
- Live in the present.
- You will have no time to worry.
- Practice any breathing exercises whenever stressed.
- Love your body the way it is.
- Be grateful for everything.