Skin, our largest organ of our body is an immune barrier that protects our insides and regulates our inner temperature.
Unhealthy looking skin is an indication that you may be unhealthy inside as well.
Having amazing skin isn’t only about the products that we apply on our skin. Our skin is also a reflection of the food we eat. Certain foods can help heal acne and inflammation, while others can cause breakouts.
Here are some of the foods that you need to control...
- Alcohol is actually one of the worst drinks that destroy our skin.
- It affects mucous membrane from the pancreas and liver to the skin.
- The first effect is dehydration, as it actually takes all the fluid of the skin.
- Alcohol also contributes to inflammation on the body.
- Dairy products contains natural hormones, both male and female.
- The milk proteins have inflammatory properties and acts as irritants to the gut mucosa, which leads to unhealthy skin.
- Sugar is never good for the skin or the body on the whole.
- Sugar triggers a process called glycation in the blood and they release several harmful and oxidizing by-products which damage the endothelium, fibrinogen and collagen in the body.
- This causes your clear skin to lose its firmness and elasticity.
High Glycemic and Gluten Food
- Foods like wheat, barley, rye, white bread, processed breakfast cereals, white rice, potato chips, cookies and cakes contain high glycemic and
gluten, which is unhealthy for your skin.
- These foods that break down quickly in the body, triggerring an insulin spike and raises blood sugar level.
- They trigger hormonal fluctuation which can lead to acne
Junk and fast food
- Junk food causes hormonal fluctuation and blood sugar levels.
- Also it creates inflammation in the body.
- Inflammation leads to acne.
So to get a clear skin, have a control on these foods. As we cannot avoid these food all of a sudden, we can have it moderately with giving less damage to our skin.
All the information included are based on my experience and i took internet support for the descriptions.
Finding foods that are healthy for your body is the key. So just explore.